This looks like an issue to which we do have a fix:
This is a reported bug that has to do with our VPN. It can happen intermittently; if it occurs again, please try this fix below.
- Go to this Box link (requires pennkey login): https://upenn.box.com/v/mac-fixpennnetworking
- Download the mac-fixpennnetworking.zip file
(click "mac-fixpennnetworking.zip" to select it, then click the "Download" button).
- In your Downloads folder, click mac-fixpennnetworking.zip. You should now have an application called "FixPennNetworking.app"
- Right-click or control-click "FixPennNetworking.app" and choose Open
- Enter the username and password of an administrator account on your computer
- A window may pop up that a file doesn't exist. You can just close that (the fix will run silently)
- Try to load a Penn website to test whether the issue has resolved
If that didn't work, it may be that your computer is blocking the program from running
- Go to Apple>System Preferences>Security and Privacy
- Unlock the lock at the bottom of the screen with the username and password of an administrator account on your computer
- Under the General tab, click run anyway if the file was blocked, then run the program again
Please let us know if you have any trouble.